Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
I'm Neely Stansell-Simpson, and I catch glimpses of God pretty often in my life - sometimes in anger, sometimes in fear, sometimes in joy, and sometimes in irreverent humor, which I think God quite enjoys. This will not be a blog full of saccharine platitudes about God. I hope not, at least. That's just not where I am, right now. I struggle a good bit. I wrestle, like Jacob grappling with the angel. So here's an account of my life and where I see God. This is the story of my offbeat faith - a quirky faith perspective.
If you are a pleasant, kind person contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a zero tolerance troll policy. All trollish comments will be deleted. (Ain't nobody got time for that.) Repeat offenders will have money donated in their honor to the cause that most pisses them off. Thank you and have a nice day.
- Things I am good at: Utter and complete silliness. 3 hours ago
- The Painting Table — Guest Post and Giveaway
- Dance in the Graveyards
- My Letter To My Congressmen
- Choreographing a Crisis
- Gone From My Sight
- The Place Between Life and Death
- If Dying Well Were An Olympic Sport …
- Forget Ben Affleck, I am the new Batman!
- False Dichotomies
- Where Did You See Grace Today?
- We are the Mess-Makers
- Prophetic Speech against Rape Culture
- Eve Retold
- Feminism, Steubenville, and the Judeo-Christian Paradigm
- Merry Christmas From My Nut House To Yours
- God Is With Us: A response to the Newtown shooting
- The Kingdom of Heaven is Like . . . the Laundromat?
- A Touch of Ruach
- Politics; In Which I Shake A Finger at Myself
- 9-11: A Memory of Darkness and Light
- A Letter to Queer Youth
- Now We Grieve: A Hard Story Written in its Native Tongue
- Nan Robinson January 16, 1953 – June 26, 2011
- The Bible is Not Anti-Gay
- Thoughts on the Death of Osama bin Laden
- Happy Birthday, Woman Wisdom
- Pray as You Can Not as You Can’t
- On the Ordination of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered People
- Shitty First Drafts
- A Slow Trickling of Water Down Through the Ages
- Finding Community Among Young Adults and Refugees; A Glimpse from Sarah Akin
- Trusting God with Anger; A Glimpse from Becky Talmadge
- What if God is in the Possibilities; A Glimpse from Charles Swan
- Glimpsing God in the Making; A Glimpse from Christina Tietja Charlisle
- Prescription for Popsicles; A Glimpse from Ashley-Anne Masters