Gone From My Sight

3 Sep

This is my mother, Peggy Stansell. Today she is cancer-free. She died early this morning while holding my father’s hand.

image

image

17 Responses to “Gone From My Sight”

1. Nancy Coleman September 3, 2013 at 2:33 pm #

A beautiful woman, a beautiful life. Thank God for Peggy Stansell.

2. Martha Brown September 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm #

God be with you and your family.

3. Mike Ferney September 3, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

My prayers are with you Neely, and with your whole family. Sending you all lots of love.

4. Kathy Emerson September 3, 2013 at 4:00 pm #

Love to you and your family..
    Giving thanks Peggy’s life and love..

5. dianerivers September 3, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

I can relate to both your sadness and your hope. I’m so very sorry for your loss. God’s blessings and comfort to you from another motherless child.

6. Corinne Brackett September 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

This passage is perfect to represent your mother. Thank you for this.

7. harold augustus September 3, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

* Just got in from radiation from Prostate Cancer. Please accept my sympathy from my heart. GOD knows and cares.*

*Let Your heart be gods home.*

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Glimpsing God

8. Brett Belote September 3, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

Neely, I was a camper and staff member at Bethelwoods in the 80′s and your mom was truly a joy to be around and have known. I am sure that hundreds, even thousands of others who got to spend any time with her at camp will truly mourn the loss with you. She had a loving and joyful impact on so many children’s lives. We will all miss her dearly. God Bless you and Skip!

9. Patti Lytle Hutchinson September 3, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

Neely,
    This is such a beautiful way to let your readers know of Peggy’s passing. It is a blessing to know that she is now cancer free and is with Nan and their parents.

10. Ginny Simmons Ellis September 3, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

So much love to you, all of you.

11. Cheryl Hunter September 3, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family, Neely. Your mother’s love will continue to shine in you.

12. Valerie Stewart Jones September 3, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

Love to you and your sweet daddy Neely. We loved your beautiful mother.
    Les and Valerie Jones, Clinton, SC

13. pcanale September 3, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

I am so sorry for your loss Neely. The strength of your love for one another is a testament to your mother. Godspeed Peggy…your time of suffering is over and the time for celebration has just begun.

14. Mike Burcher September 3, 2013 at 11:03 pm #

Neely, your Mom was an inspiration to me and so many others. While I share your sadness, for Peggy I am happy she has joined the Great Dance

15. Stephanie Norton September 4, 2013 at 4:55 am #

Lots of love and prayers for peace and healing for you and your family, Neely. How beautiful, sweet and precious you made this time with and for your mom.

16. Richard Hamm September 4, 2013 at 7:17 am #

I rejoice in your Mom’s new found freedom, but am saddened by the news. I knew her through ARW and always admired her many, many talents, not just with arts and crafts, but with people as well. I didn’t know about the cancer; (I haven’t seen your Mom for years-I live in Korea now.) God bless you-like the blog.
    Richard Hamm

17. Mary K. Shaw September 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

Your mom and dad were like the sail and the rudder on the same boat. I spent two summers at Bethelwoods and although I don’t recall the year you were born, I recall their joy in your arrival. I still have the note of condolence that Peggy sent me when my brother died (1983). Her compassionate message has always stayed with me. She was like the Rock of Gibraltar wrapped up in a feather pillow. You are doing your parents proud with every word. Please give your dad a hug on my behalf.